WKU Admissions planning student recruitment events
- WKU News
- Wednesday, August 15th, 2018
WKU’s Office of Admissions is planning several events this fall for prospective students and their families.
DiscoverWKU is an event that takes place in communities around the country. Prospective students and their families can learn more about the opportunities available at WKU. There will be an admissions presentation at every DiscoverWKU event, so students can learn more about becoming a Hilltopper. High school seniors will be eligible to win a $500 scholarship or a VIP campus visit experience. Students will also be able to drop off official documents (transcripts, test scores, etc.) at all events.
The DiscoverWKU schedule is as follows:
- Owensboro: 7 p.m. CT Sept. 6 at the Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. Second St., Owensboro.
- Louisville: 7 p.m. ET Sept. 10 at Louisville Marriott East, 903 Embassy Square Blvd., Louisville.
- Northern Kentucky: 7 p.m. ET Sept. 11 at Receptions, 1379 Donaldson Highway, Erlanger.
- Nashville, Tennessee, South: 7 p.m. CT Sept. 12 at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Franklin Cool Springs, 9150 Carothers Parkway, Franklin, Tennessee.
- Nashville, Tennessee, North: 7 p.m. CT Sept. 13 at Hilton Nashville Airport, 2200 Elm Hill Pike, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Lexington: 7 p.m. ET Sept. 18 at Signature Club of Lansdowne, 3256 Lansdowne Drive, Lexington.
- Bowling Green: 7 p.m. CT Sept. 20 at Downing Student Union on WKU’s main campus.
- Somerset: 7 p.m. ET Sept. 24 at the Center for Rural Development, 2292 South Highway 27, Somerset.
- Hopkinsville: 7 p.m. CT Sept. 25 at Holiday Inn Hopkinsville, 2910 Fort Campbell Blvd., Hopkinsville.
- Elizabethtown: 7 p.m. ET Sept. 27 at Hardin County Schools Early College and Career Center (EC3), 200 University Drive, Elizabethtown.
- Evansville, Indiana: 7 p.m. CT Oct. 15 at DoubleTree by Hilton Evansville, 601 Walnut St., Evansville.
WKU to host three Head for The Hill events
During fall 2018, WKU Admissions will host Head for The Hill events on Sept. 22, Oct. 20 and Nov. 9.
Head for The Hill will begin at 8 a.m. in Diddle Arena. The free, open house event offers a comprehensive look at WKU’s outstanding academic offerings, student activities and beautiful campus. Sessions are offered to provide valuable information about life on The Hill, and an information expo allows students and their families the opportunity to personally connect with representatives from different academic departments, student services, housing, financial aid and more.
Students will also be able to drop off official documents (transcripts, test scores, etc.) at all events.
Registration information and more about Head for The Hill can be found at https://www.wku.edu/headforthehill/index.php. The application for WKU’s Class of 2023 is available online at https://www.wku.edu/apply.
Contact: Admissions, (270) 745-2551