WKU Forensics Team competes in tournaments in Wisconsin
- WKU Forensics
- Monday, October 2nd, 2017
The WKU Forensics Team traveled to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, to take part in two tournaments — the first two of the Mid-America Forensic League -- hosted on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh the weekend of Sept. 30-Oct. 1.
All WKU team members advanced to at least one elimination round. At the MAFL 2 tournament, WKU's team of eight placed second in team sweepstakes, and at the MAFL 1 tournament, the team placed fourth. Other competing schools included Northwestern University, Illinois State University, Bradley University and the University of South Dakota.
Next weekend the team will split to travel in two directions. Some will travel to Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, while others will travel to the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
Results from the MAFL 1 & 2 tournaments are as follows:
- Mackenzie Birkey, a senior from Sheboygan, Wisconsin, tournament champion in after-dinner speaking, tournament champion in dramatic interpretation and fifth in prose interpretation at the MAFL 2 tournament; tournament champion in after-dinner speaking and fifth in duo interpretation (with Matt Wisenden) at MAFL 1.
- Murphy Burke, a senior from Des Moines, Iowa, second in persuasive speaking, third in impromptu speaking and fifth in after-dinner speaking at the MAFL 2 tournament; fourth in after-dinner speaking, fifth in extemporaneous speaking, fifth in persuasive speaking and seventh in impromptu speaking at MAFL 1.
- Casey Child, a junior from Taylor Mill, second in dramatic interpretation and second in prose interpretation at the MAFL 2 tournament.
- Bradley Wascher, a sophomore from Montgomery, Alabama, fourth in extemporaneous speaking at the MAFL 2 tournament; fifth in impromptu speaking at MAFL 1.
- Lane Hedrick, a junior from Morehead, fourth in extemporaneous speaking at the MAFL 1 tournament.
- Faith LoPiccolo, a sophomore from Lexington, fourth in after-dinner speaking at the MAFL 2 tournament.
- Zach Bernat, a freshman from Canfield, Ohio, fourth in dramatic interpretation at the MAFL 1 tournament.
- Matt Wisenden, a junior from Moorhead, Minnesota, fifth in duo interpretation (with Mackenzie Birkey) at the MAFL 1 tournament.
Contact: Ganer Newman, (270) 745-6340