11 new members elected to WKU Alumni Association board
- Author: WKU Alumni
- Author: Friday, July 21st, 2017
The WKU Alumni Association recently elected 11 new board members for 2017-2018.
The following new members will serve for three-year terms, which began in July:
- Claude M. Bacon of Owensboro, a 1994 (B.A.) and 2001 (M.A.) alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as Vice President of Administration, Sales and Ecommerce for LinGate Hospitality. Bacon is a former Director of Development for University Athletics at WKU and a member of the Hilltopper Athletic Foundation.
- Donna Lemaster Bredenberg of Florence, a 2003 alumna and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as a Family Nurse Practitioner in the Division of Oncology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. Bredenberg is currently completing her Doctor of Nursing Practice degree at WKU.
- Deborah Fillman of Owensboro, a 1982 and 1985 alumna and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is Public Health Director for the Green River District Health Department. She is a member of the Owensboro Chapter Planning Team and the Owensboro Advisory Council.
- Tori R. Gerbig of Bowling Green, a 2009 alumna, is CEO and Founder of The Pink Lily Boutique. Gerbig offers expertise in entrepreneurship and social media strategy, and her status as a young alumna represents a strategic priority area for the Alumni Association’s growth.
- Reginald Q. Glass of Louisville, a 1973 alumnus, is a retired Senior Integrated Marketing Consultant for iHeart Media. He has been involved with WKU’s Society of African American Alumni.
- Will Lambert of Franklin, a 2000 alumnus and Annual Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as National Account Manager for Cott Beverages. He is a past member of the Northern Kentucky Alumni Planning Team and the Young Alumni Council.
- Charles A. Lovett of Louisville, a 2009 and 2010 alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as a Fraud Investigator for Alliance Data Systems. Lovett became Lifetime Member and a donor to the Augenstein Alumni Center soon after graduation, and he is passionate about mentoring current and prospective WKU students.
- Joseph P. Micatrotto Jr. of Las Vegas, Nevada, a 1997 alumnus (2011 Project Finish) and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is President and CEO of MRG Marketing and Management, Inc. Micatrotto and his family have been generous donors and sponsors of WKU.
- Jeremy Sublett of Louisville, a 1994 alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is a Managing Partner for Composable Systems, LLC. He is a volunteer and president of the Greater Louisville Alumni Chapter.
In addition, the following two board members will serve one-year terms as representatives of affiliated organizations:
- Bailey Deglow of Bowling Green, a WKU senior who is majoring in Chemistry with a minor in Biophysics, will represent the Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA). In addition to serving as President of SAA, she is a member of Chi Omega sorority, Women in Science and Engineering, Rho Lambda Leadership Organization and the Pre-Pharmacy Club. She also serves as a Campus Operator and Welcome Center Associate at the Augenstein Alumni Center.
- Zach Wedding of Louisville, a 2012 alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, will represent the Young Alumni Council (YAC). In addition to serving as President of YAC, the Realtor for Gant Hill and Associates is President-Elect of the Greater Louisville Alumni Chapter and received the 2016 Young Alumnus Award from the WKU Alumni Association.
“These Hilltoppers who are joining our board are the true embodiment of the WKU Spirit,” said Dr. Anthony McAdoo, Executive Director of the WKU Alumni Association. “They are volunteering their time to help lead the WKU Alumni Association and represent WKU as ambassadors. Each of them brings a unique perspective and area of expertise to our group, and we are fortunate to have such a loyal group of alumni joining our board.”
Contact: Anthony McAdoo, (270) 745-5405