Depart: March 30 @ 8:00 am
Return: March 30 @ 6:00 pm
Drive time: 1.5 hours
Included: Bikes, Helmets and transportation
Cost: $20 Students | $25 Guest
Pre-Trip Meeting: Tuesday, March 26 @ 8:00pm
At Ben Hawes the trail system offers something for all skill levels! Including the old original wide-open double-track/maintenance roads, a new beginner-friendly Green single-track loop and a new more difficult Blue single-track loop. The purpose-built, double stack loop crosses the maintenance roads in several locations allowing you to explore many different variations of the 10-mile track. A unique feature to this trail is the spring wildflowers. The northern end of the park is covered in literally thousands of wildflowers making for a beautiful spring ride. Whether you’re a mountain bike junky or wanting to learn, Ben Hawes is the place for you, join us on this fun track for the ride of your life!
Tentative Trip Itinerary
Saturday March 30th:
- Meet early morning at Preston Center to pack up the van
- Depart Preston
- Arrive at location and trailhead
- Time to tear up the trail!
- Stop for lunch
- Depart for Preston
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
Follow the instructions below
1. Go to https://online.spectrumng.net/wku (it will open a new window!)
2. Click "Do not have login" (you will need to make an account!)
3. Enter your 800# (or 500# if a Preston Only Member) for the Member Number (even if you do not have a current membership!)
4. Choose a username and password for your online account with us.
5. Once you have an account set up, click the Home Icon in the top left (the picture, not the actual home letters)
6. Click on Program Registration in the middle of the page!
7. Select ‘ORAC’
8. Select the trip you want!
9. Add to Cart
10. Continue to Cart
11. This should take you to the Payment Summary Screen. Enter your payment info and hit Submit Payment.
12. BAMM You're registered for a trip!