- Date: Thursday, September 8th, 20222022-09-08
- Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Location: Kentucky MuseumKentucky Museum
Join us for the opening of First Farmers of the Barren River Valley, an exhibition of recent excavations along the Barren River by the Kentucky Archaeological Survey. This exhibition highlights diverse aspects of pre-contact Native American farm life in the Barren River valley. Utilizing results of recent excavations by the Kentucky Archaeological Survey, First Farmers displays and interprets findings related to technology, settlement, foodways, society/politics, and economics/trade that reveal life in a farming village circa 1200-1300 CE.
The opening includes:
- A 30-minute behind-the-scenes talk with archaeologists about the site (begins at 5:30).
- Q&A with the archaeological team who surveyed and excavated the site.
- Self-guided tours of the exhibition.
Refreshments will be served, courtesy of the Kentucky Archaeological Survey.
Contact: Tiffany Isselhardt