- Date: Saturday, October 26th, 20192019-10-26
- Time: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Location: Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith StadiumHouchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium
The KMEA State Marching Band Championship finals begin at 6 p.m. Oct. 26 at WKU's Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium. For information, visit the KMEA website.
Semifinals will be held earlier that day at the following locations:
- Class A: Greenwood High School, 10 a.m.
- Class AA: Warren East High School, 10 a.m.
- Class AAA: Warren Central High School, 11 a.m.
- Class AAAA: Barren County High School, 11 a.m.
- Class AAAAA: WKU's Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium, 11 a.m.
Several WKU parking lots will be reserved for event parking.
The following lots will close Friday at 6 p.m. and must be cleared by 9 p.m.:
- Creason Lot (H9)
- Portion of Poland Lot between Poland Hall and Preston Center
- Portion of Minton Lot next to Normal Street
- All parking on Avenue of Champions
- South Lawn Lot
- West Stadium Lot
- Denes Field Lot
The following lots will close Saturday at 6 a.m. and must be cleared by 7 a.m.:
- Diddle North
- Diddle South
- Diddle West
Alternate parking is available in Parking Structure 3, Mimosa Lot, University Boulevard Lot, Chestnut Street South Lot, Russellville Road Lot and Service Supply Lot.
- Avenue of Champions will be closed to through traffic from 6 a.m. until midnight Saturday.
- PS1 and PS2 will be reserved for public parking ($10) Saturday. H1 permits will be honored in PS1.
For information about road and lot closures, view the KMEA Parking and Road Closings Map.
For more about the KMEA event, visit https://kmea.org/kmea-marching-band-information/
Contact: Dr. John Stroube, (859) 626-5635