Project Grow Community Garden
The Project Grow Community Garden is a learning landscape in which we hope to cultivate community and nourish our connection to nature. The garden is shared by everyone and here at the Office of Sustainability, we want you to have a voice in deciding what we choose to grow. Our gardener is here to guide volunteers, no matter the level of experience. We can always use help! Come flex your green thumb, meet new friends, and learn something new in the Project Grow Community Garden.
It is our goal to have every volunteer leave our office a little happier, healthier, and knowledgeable. Along with having fun with friends and trying new healthy foods, we hope that you will leave with a better understanding of the role we play in our communities and in the naturalenvironment.
- Increase access to fresh food
- Improve food security
- Increase physical activity through garden maintenance activities
- Help improve air and soil qualit
- Reduce “food miles” that are required to transport nutritious food
- Can replace impervious structures and improve water infiltration
- Can reduce neighborhood waste through composting
Check our social media for upcoming campus events and all-inclusive how-to workshops!