Facebook Pixel Housing | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

Housing Information

There are two primary options when it comes to Housing: on-campus residence halls or off-campus apartments. We encourage you to consider on-campus housing first. Being on campus is more convenient and makes it easier to integrate into student activities and campus culture. Starting fall 2018, WKU will offer an international Living Learning Community in Northeast Hall that pairs U.S. students with international students.

1) On-campus Housing - You can apply for housing after you have been admitted to WKU. Follow the instruction on the housing website to apply through TOPNET. If you are arriving in the fall, keep in mind that you will need to apply for on-campus housing as soon as possible as rooms tend to fill up quickly. Once all of the housing requests have been processed, you will receive a confirmation email with your room assignment. You may also confirm this on TOPNET. Please note that during breaks, the only residence halls that will be open are Barnes Campbell (men only), Bemis Lawrence (women only), and Northeast Hall (co-ed). If you request a different residence hall, be aware that you will be responsible for finding alternate housing (hotel, motel, friend, etc) during the times when all residence halls are closed (winter break, spring break, fall break, Thanksgiving, etc.).

2) Off-campus housing is also an option, but all arrangements will have to be made on your own. The International Student Office (ISO) website and our pre-arrival guide provide a list of non-WKU affiliated off-campus housing options. Just be sure to a) let us know you are living off-campus and b) update your TOPNET account with your accurate off-campus address after your housing is confirmed.


Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 11/14/18