Welcome to WKU!
Located in Southcentral Kentucky in the city of Bowling Green, Western Kentucky University (WKU) provides students with an authentic American college experience in a beautiful, welcoming and safe campus environment. WKU hosts a vibrant community of international students and scholars from more than 65 countries to whom we provide specialized support services including admissions processing, immigration advising and guidance, programs and events, cultural adjustment, resources and so much more.
Global Learning and International Affairs (GLIA) serves as exchange students’ primary point of contact during their WKU studies. Our office supports exchange students throughout their acclimation process and coordinates cultural and social events that provide opportunities to meet other students and become familiar with campus and the local community. Additionally, exchange students have access to the full range of campus resources and are encouraged to get involved in student organizations and activities.
If you attend one of our partner universities listed below, you may be eligible to study at WKU for a semester or academic year as an exchange student. We encourage you to discuss your interest with your university’s international office.
Exchange Partner Institutions
- Danish School of Media & Journalism (Denmark)
- EM Lyon – Saint-Etienne Campus (France)
- HZ University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- Jean Moulin Lyon 3 University (France)
- Kansai Gaidai University (Japan)
- Konkuk University (South Korea)
- National Chengchi University (Taiwan)
- National Chung Hsing University (Taiwan)
- Reutlingen University (Germany)
- Technical University of Dortmund (Germany)
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito (Ecuador)
- Universitat Abat Oliba CEU (Spain)
- University of East Anglia (England, United Kingdom)
- University of Lincoln (England, United Kingdom)
- Yonsei University (South Korea)