With hundreds of programs to choose from, there are options for every WKU student! Below is a break-down of the program types. You can also download the Program Selection Guide for assistance with researching and selecting the right program for you.
- WKU Faculty-Led Programs - WKU courses taught by WKU faculty in domestic and international locations
- WKU Exchange Partners - International partner universities that WKU students can attend while paying WKU tuition
- National Student Exchange- Semester-long exchange experience across the U.S., Canada and U.S. territories
- WKU Partner Programs - Close partner organizations that offer WKU credit
- Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS) - A consortia partner company that offers summer, winter and semester programs in non-English speaking countries for WKU credit. KIIS headquarters are on WKU's campus.
- Cooperative Center for Study Abroad (CCSA) - A consortia partner company that offers summer and winter programs in English-speaking countries for WKU credit. CCSA's headquarters are on WKU's campus.
- Program Providers - Organizations that offer a variety of programs in locations across the globe. The following are a few providers with which WKU Global is affiliated and/or endorses:
- WKU International Student Teaching - A program available to teacher education students to spend the last 3-4 weeks of their student teaching semester at an international partner school. This program is managed by the Office of Professional Educator Services at WKU.
Be prepared that you will need to submit a WKU study abroad application and an application directly with the program provider and/or host institution for the program you choose, with the exception of WKU Faculty-Led Programs and WKU International Student Teaching which only require the WKU application form.
Searching for Programs:
- You can search for programs using our program & application portal, TerraDotta, by clicking the button above.
- The program search function allows you to filter by program parameters such as location, term, and field of study.