WKU Recycling and Surplus Outreach
Campus and Community Resources
Community recycling bins are available in the Supply Services parking lot. There is a single stream recycling bin that accepts paper, aluminum, tin and plastics #1-7. There is separate recycling bins for large cardboard and glass.
Printable Bulletin Boards
Calling all teachers! Educate your students about waste reduction through one of our free printable bulletin boards. Just click here to be directed to the different board options available.
Request a sustainability presenter for your office or organization meeting! We have staff equip to present over a variety of topics or provide a recycling demonstration. We also have a presentation prepared specifically for the Greek Community! Requesting a sustainability presenter for your chapter meeting will also earn your chapter points towards the WKU Chapter Development Award.
Earn your community service hours through WKU Resource Conservation!
Please send an email to email@example.com. In your email please include:
- Days and times that you are available
- What tasks you're interested in:
- WKU Surplus: receiving and moving campus property along in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible way.
- Hanging recycling signage around campus
- Recycling during Athletics events
- Recycling support (designing and distributing signage, outreach, physical sorting, bin distribution, etc.)
- Individual and group projects specific to your organization or class
- Research opportunities
- Food Waste: Assisting with composting operations and/or food recovery
Interested in doing something that is not listed above? Let's talk about it! We are always open to new ideas, and we'd love to help you make them happen.
Check us out on INSTAGRAM!
In the News!
Check out these articles about WKU Recycling and Surplus