WKU Recycling and Surplus Outreach
Campus and Community Resources
Community Recycling Bins
Community recycling bins are available at 435 University Blvd (the Supply Services Parking lot). There are 2 single stream recycling bins that accept paper, aluminum, tin, cardboard, glass and plastics #1-7. There is a separate recycling bin for large cardboard. All community members are welcome to use the community recycling bins.
Printable Bulletin Boards
Calling all teachers! Educate your students about waste reduction through one of our free printable bulletin boards. Click here to be directed to the different board options available.
Borrow a Board Program
All RA's and campus departments are eligible to borrow a free sustainability themed bulletin board kit from Resource Conservation! Click here to apply for a board to borrow!
Request a sustainability presenter for your office or organization meeting! We have staff equip to present over a variety of topics or provide a recycling demonstration. We also have a presentation prepared specifically for the Greek Community! Requesting a sustainability presenter for your chapter meeting will also earn your chapter points towards the WKU Chapter Development Award. Request a recycling/sustainability presenter here.
Earn your community service hours through WKU Resource Conservation!
Please send an email to email@example.com. In your email please include:
- Days and times that you are available
- What tasks you're interested in:
- WKU Surplus: receiving and moving campus property along in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible way.
- Hanging recycling signage around campus
- Recycling during Athletics events
- Recycling support (designing and distributing signage, outreach, physical sorting, bin distribution, etc.)
- Individual and group projects specific to your organization or class
- Research opportunities
- Food Waste: Assisting with composting operations and/or food recovery
Interested in doing something that is not listed above? Let's talk about it! We are always open to new ideas, and we'd love to help you make them happen.
Check us out on INSTAGRAM!
In the News!