Society of Physics Students
- physics.wku.edu/sps/, WKU Chapter
- www.spsnational.org, National Office
- Dr. Steven Gibson, Faculty Advisor
The Society of Physics Students (SPS) is a professional physics association designed for students who have an interest in physics. Most student members are physics majors or minors but membership is not restricted to these groups. SPS is managed by the American Institute of Physics as a service to students and the physics community.
Benefits of membership in the WKU SPS chapter include:
- Free admission to the Fall and Spring SPS picnics.
- Free admission to the annual Sigma Pi Sigma banquet.
- Use of the SPS Student Lounge (KTH 2026).
- Use of a locker in the SPS Student Lounge.
- Opportunities to visit prominent physics research facilities.
- Free pizza at monthly SPS meetings.
- The monthly journal Physics Today.