Sigma Pi Sigma
- physics.wku.edu/sps/sigma-pi-sigma/, WKU Chapter
- www.sigmapisigma.org/sigmapisigma, National Office
- Dr. Steven Gibson, Faculty Advisor
- Dr. Doug Harper, Interim Advisor
Sigma Pi Sigma exists to honor outstanding scholarship in physics; to encourage interest in physics among students at all levels; to promote an attitude of service of its members towards their fellow students, colleagues, and the public; and to provide a fellowship of persons who have excelled in physics.
The Western Kentucky University chapter of Sigma Pi Sigma was established on May 25, 1960. The minimum requirements for membership are:
- the completion of all core curriculum physics courses,
- a GPA in all physics courses of at least 3.30/4.00 and an overall GPA of at least 3.00/4.00.
Each spring students who have met the requirements for admission into Sigma Pi Sigma are invited to become members and are formally inducted at the annual SPS banquet.