Submission Deadline: WKU Folklife Archives Award
- Date: Friday, April 20th, 2018
- Time: All Day
Folk Studies Program, Department of Folk Studies & Anthropology
WKU Folklife Archives Award, 2018
This award is given to an undergraduate and a graduate student for excellent work completed in a Folk Studies course that is suitable for donation to the WKU Folklife Archives. All materials submitted for this award will be considered for donation to the WKU Folklife Archives.
Eligibility: Paper and projects considered for this award must have been completed in a Folk Studies course during the following semesters: spring 2017, summer 2017, fall 2017, or spring 2018.
Deadline: April 20, 2018.
All materials must be submitted electronically to your instructor (hard copies accepted, but electronic copies preferred; confer with your instructor). Materials should that might be submitted include:
- Folklore research paper or collection project
- Audio interviews (files labelled), indexed (if relevant)
- Videos (files labelled), indexed (if relevant)
- Photos, with captions (if relevant)
The following are required:
- Informant Data Forms (WKU archives form or comparable form used in class)
- Signed Release forms (WKU archives form or comparable form used in class)
- Signed donor form (WKU archives)
- “Fieldwork” doesn’t necessarily have to mean face-to-face fieldwork – e.g., a project could explore an online folk group.
- Research papers that don’t involve fieldwork can also be submitted (e.g., folklore and literature papers). Papers not based on fieldwork do not need data forms or release forms, but do need donor forms.
- Collection projects must involve fieldwork.
- Papers/projects will be evaluated using the following criteria: quality of writing (structure, grammar and writing style as well as content), completed forms, originality or significance of project, quality of photos and video, following interview protocols.
Forms can be downloaded from: https://www.wku.edu/library/dlsc/manuscripts/index.php