Updates from the Provost
- Thursday, April 8th, 2021
It’s my pleasure to announce this year’s university award recipients. Congratulations to our 2021 winners!
- Faculty Teaching Award: Associate Pedagogical Professor Natalie Mountjoy, Department of Biology
- Faculty Research and Creative Activity Award: Professor Christopher Groves, Department of Earth, Environmental, and Atmospheric Sciences
- Faculty Service Award: Associate Professor Jenni Redifer, Department of Psychology
- Faculty Student Advisement Award: Professor Janet Tassell, School of Teacher Education
- Part-time Faculty Teaching Award: Instructor Craig Heckman, School of Public Health
As many of you know, fall 2021 registration for courses has already begun. The modality distribution of courses is similar to fall 2019. In fall 2021, 79.3% of courses are being offered face-to-face, 2.5% are hybrid, and 18.2% are online. (For comparison, in fall 2019, 82.4% were face-to-face, 1.4% were hybrid, and 16.2% were online). While we are on track for a more “normal” WKU experience for our students in the fall, we continue to monitor the COVID-19 infection rate and follow the guidance provided by public health officials. If you have not done so already, please schedule an appointment to get a vaccine and encourage your students to do so as well.
Like many of you, I am looking forward to the usual end-of-academic-year celebrations. Stay healthy and safe.
Cheryl L. Stevens, PhD
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs