WKU Forensics Team sweeps virtual MAFL
- WKU Forensics
- Tuesday, January 26th, 2021
WKU Forensics Team members (back row from left) Ben Hanson, Isaac Keller, Jo Headrick, Caitlyn Woitena; (middle row) Paige Allbright, Madelynn Einhorn; (front row) Naomi Desrosiers, Samantha Sallee.
The WKU Forensics Team took first in sweepstakes at the 4th and 5th tournament of the Mid-America Forensics League (MAFL) hosted virtually by Northern Illinois University on Jan. 23-24.
At the 4th and 5th MAFL, WKU finished ahead of Bradley University, the University of Illinois at Chicago, and the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
The team will compete this weekend at the 4th iteration of the Online Asynchronous Tournament Series, and the Gorlok Gala hosted by Webster University.
Results from MAFL #4 are as follows:
- Communication Analysis: Kellin Robinson of Roseville, Minnesota, second; Caitlyn Woitena of Houston, Texas, fourth.
- Dramatic Interpretation: Tayland Ratliff of Youngsville, Louisiana, third.
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Ben Hanson of Louisville, first; Miles Morton of Los Angeles, California, second; Isaac Keller of Kansas City, Missouri, fifth.
- Impromptu Speaking: Miles Morton, first; Isaac Keller, third; Madelynn Einhorn of Dayton, Ohio, fifth; Tess Welch of Houston, Texas, sixth.
- Informative Speaking: Reese Johnson of Burnsville, Minnesota, first; Samantha Sallee of Danville, second; Emma Warnecke of Detroit, Michigan, sixth.
- Persuasive Speaking: Emma Warnecke, third; Paige Allbright, fourth; Naomi Desrosiers of Bowling Green, sixth.
- Program Oral Interpretation: Derek Collins of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, first.
- Prose Interpretation: Emma Warnecke, first; Tayland Ratliff, third; Kelly Lingen of Lakeville, Minnesota, sixth.
Results from MAFL #5 are as follows:
- Communication Analysis: Kellin Robinson, second; Caitlyn Woitena, third.
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Miles Morton, first; Isaac Keller, fourth.
- Impromptu Speaking: Madelynn Einhorn, first; Andre Swai of Springfield, Missouri, second; Isaac Keller, fourth; Ben Hanson, fifth; Miles Morton, sixth.
- Informative Speaking: Reese Johnson, first; Emma Warnecke, second; Samantha Sallee, fourth.
- Persuasive Speaking: Emma Warnecke, second; Paige Allbright, third; Naomi Desrosiers, fourth.
- Program Oral Interpretation: Derek Collins, first.
- Prose Interpretation: Kelly Lingen, first; Jo Headrick of Wadsworth, Ohio, second; Samantha Sallee, fifth.
Contact: Ganer Newman, (270) 745-6340