WKU Regents approve two certificate programs
- WKU News
- Friday, December 11th, 2020
Dr. Shane Spiller, a professor of Management, was sworn in as faculty regent.
The WKU Board of Regents on Friday approved two certificate programs in the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
Regents approved an Interdisciplinary Professionalism and Success Undergraduate Certificate. The certificate focuses on competencies needed for career readiness and professional development for transitioning into the workplace.
Regents also approved the Literacy P-12 Graduate Certificate, which is meant for teachers and students in education-related fields who are interested in adding to their knowledge of literacy education.
In other business, the Board:
- Swore in Dr. Shane Spiller, a professor of Management, as faculty regent.
- Approved emeritus status for eight faculty members: Elizabeth Jones, Psychology; Anthony Norman, Psychology; Beck Tabor, Nursing and Allied Health; Afzal Rahim, Management; Robert Reber, Management; Dan Jackson, Engineering and Applied Sciences; John Faine, Sociology and Criminology; and Cecile Garmon, Communication.
- Approved the naming of the LifeWorks at WKU housing campus and learning center for Julie and Gary Ransdell.
- Presented a resolution thanking faculty and staff for their work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contact: Bob Skipper, (270) 745-4295