2019-20 Winter Weather Communications Plan
- WKU News
- Monday, November 11th, 2019
Here’s a reminder about WKU’s winter weather communications plan that provides a number of ways you can find out if classes are delayed, canceled or if a campus is closed.
Schedule changes will be announced through emergency text message, campuswide emails, on the WKU website and social media, and through a recorded phone message. Students, faculty and staff should keep safety in mind when making travel decisions and the university will work with students who can’t come to campus for weather-related reasons.
- Text messages: Students, faculty and staff who have signed up for WKU’s emergency text messages will receive a text message announcing changes. Students, faculty and staff can sign up for text messages through TopNet by clicking on personal information and checking View/Update Cell Phone Messaging Notification, or following the directions on the WKU Emergency and Weather-Related Communications page on WKU News.
- Online: Information will be posted on the WKU homepage, WKU News page, WKU Facebook page and @wkunews and @wku Twitter pages.
- Email: WKU students, faculty and staff also will receive email about any schedule changes.
- Phone: If you can’t get to a computer, the WKU Information line (270-936-0000) will have the latest information recorded.
- News media: In addition, WKU will notify WBKO-TV and WKYU-FM in Bowling Green. Other media outlets may post the information as well, but the fastest, most reliable information will come from WKU.
Campus transportation services
- Call 270-392-3193 and enter the stop code. (The stop codes are listed on the signs at each bus stop.)
- Visit http://www.nextbus.com/wku
- Download the NextBus or iWKU app on your smart phone.
- Follow WKU Parking & Transportation on Facebook or Twitter
Winter weather could impact events and activities on campus. Check with event organizers for the latest information. More: WKU social media directory.
Contact: Public Affairs, (270) 745-4295