WKU Forensics Team wins in West Virginia
- Author: WKU Forensics
- Author: Monday, October 30th, 2017
Five WKU Forensics Team members traveled to Huntington, West Virginia, the weekend of Oct. 28-29 to take part in a tournament hosted by Marshall University.
WKU’s squad won both the team quality award and the Limited Entries team sweepstakes awards, marking a high quality of success despite the small size of the squad. WKU also received top Pi Kappa Delta School and the annual traveling trophy. The latter is awarded to regularly returning teams who accumulate sweepstakes points over multiple years, resetting a school’s points after a win.
Next weekend, the team will travel to Peoria, Illinois, for the largest invitational tournament of the semester, hosted by Bradley University.
Results from the 2017 Marshall University “Chief Justice” Tournament are as follows:
- Murphy Burke, a senior from Des Moines, Iowa, tournament champion in persuasive speaking, tournament champion in extemporaneous speaking and third in after-dinner speaking.
- Sean Diaz, a senior from El Paso, Texas, tournament champion in dramatic interpretation and tournament champion in programmed oral interpretation.
- Brian Anderson, a junior from Hodgenville, tournament champion in impromptu speaking and second in extemporaneous speaking.
- Sabas Del Toro, a junior from El Paso, Texas, second in dramatic interpretation and second in prose interpretation.
Contact: Ganer Newman at (270) 745-6340.