Staff Members attended KMGMA Spring Conference
- Author: Terri Cunningham
- Author: Monday, May 11th, 2009
Linda Heady, Insurance and Billing Coordinator and Kathy Trulock, HIPAA Compliance Coordinator attended the Kentucky Medical Group Management Conference.
The 2009 Annual Spring Kentucky Medical Group Management Association (KMGMA) was held in Louisville, KY on May 7-8 at the Downtown Marriott. The theme of the conference was "Writing the Book on Practice Management. A few of the session topics included: Writing the Book on Managing Patient Flow, Writing the Book on the Physician Billing Process, State and Federal eHealth Initiatives, Keepin Your Practice Out of Jeopardy. Click here to see the conference adgenda.
Staff members said the conference was a valuable experience and one of the best they have ever attended!
Highlights of things they learned include:
- Importance of tracking the telephone system
- How to greet callers
- How to lower the number of returning patient calls
- How to better manage patient refill requests
- How to help your providers stay on schedule
- How to improve collection rates
- How to handle "drug seeking" patients
- How to handle patients who can't pay for care
- How to deal with non-compliant patients
- The importance of proper chart documentation
- The importance of patient communication
- How to have better patient communication
- Body language and patient communication
- Ways to better communicate with others and those who you supervise