Heat Update for North Wing of Northeast Hall
- Thursday, November 17th, 2016
Update - 11/21/16, 4:25 PM CST
We have been working continually to get the heat repaired in North Hall. Installation of the heat exchanger is complete and the State Boiler Inspector was scheduled to arrive at 2:30 Monday to approve it. The inspector has been delayed with an emergency in another area of the state and has be rescheduled to arrive at 10:30 AM CST, Tuesday, November 22. Due to her delay, we will not have heat until the inspection is complete.
North Wing Residents:
The heat is not working in North wing of Northeast hall.
WKU Housing & Residence Life staff are working on this issue and the current timeline for repairs to be completed is Monday, Nov. 21 in late afternoon (subject to change), as we are waiting for a part to arrive.
The forecast is for a cold front to arrive Friday evening into Saturday morning.
We ask for your patience under these circumstances. Here are some suggestions for staying warm and getting through the weekend:
· Prepare! Have extra blankets for your bedding, and wear extra layers of clothing while in your room
· Keep your windows shut, don’t let in more cold air
· If you have friends elsewhere on campus or in Bowling Green, consider staying with them
· Consider going home for the weekend until Monday morning
· Please note: space heaters are not permitted in the residence halls for safety reasons.
For relaxing & studying, DSU study lounge and recreation room, the East side lobby and the WKU Libraries are all great places to spend some time while staying warm and studying for finals and projects.
If you have any questions, please contact the desk at North at 270.936-3494.