22 WKU STUDENTS CANDIDATES FOR 2016 HOMECOMING QUEEN
- Author: WKU News
- Author: Tuesday, October 11th, 2016
Twenty-two students are candidates for 2016 Homecoming queen at WKU.
The queen will be crowned at halftime of WKU’s Homecoming game against Old Dominion on Oct. 22. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium.
Candidates will participate in numerous activities during Homecoming Week including a fall social on Oct. 16, an interview on Oct. 18, a volunteer experience and banquet on Oct. 19, Bowling Green Chili and Cheese Luncheon and Pep Rally on Oct. 20 and the Homecoming Parade and Big Red’s Roar on Oct. 21. WKU students will cast their votes for queen in online balloting on Oct. 17.
For more about WKU’s 2016 Homecoming, visit http://alumni.wku.edu/homecoming.
- Torrey Cazeault of Needham, Massachusetts, the daughter of Joseph and Roseanne Cazeault. She is a Communication major and Interior Design & Sales minor and is sponsored by the Department of Communication.
- Tanya Escobar of Bowling Green, the daughter of Sandra and Edzon Escobar. She is a Spanish major with a Secondary Education Concentration and Psychology minor and is sponsored by Omega Phi Alpha and Kappa Alpha Order.
- Amber Fowler of Louisville, the daughter of Brenda Fowler and the late Robert Fowler. She is an Advertising major and Sales minor and is sponsored by Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity.
- Kristina Gonzalez-Lopez of Elizabethtown, the daughter of Orlando and Francelia Gonzalez. She is a Biology and Anthropology major and is sponsored by Phi Mu and Lambda Chi Alpha.
- KJ Hall of Elizabethtown, the daughter of Steve and Robin Hall. She is a Public Relations major and Asian Religions and Cultures minor and is sponsored by Baptist Campus Ministry.
- Melissa Hastings of Cave City, the daughter of Raymond and Donna Hastings. She is an Interdisciplinary Studies major and is sponsored by WKU Regional Campuses.
- Julianna Jenks of Jeffersonville, Indiana, the daughter of Wendy Jenks. She is an Exercise Science-Pre Physical Therapy major and Business Administration minor and is sponsored by Sigma Kappa and Phi Kappa Alpha.
- Asia Larkin of Nashville, Tennessee, the daughter of Careasa Greer, James Jackson and Joanne Jackson. She is a Dietetics and Public Health major and Nutritional and Food Chemistry minor and is sponsored by National Pan-Hellenic Council and Campus Activities Board.
- Danielle Lee of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, the daughter of Tonya and James Lee. She is a Health Sciences major and is sponsored by Delta Sigma Theta and Omega Psi Phi.
- Hizareth Linares of Hopkinsville, the daughter of Hilda Linares. She is a Psychology major and Psychological Sciences minor and is sponsored by Hilltopper Organization of Latin American Students.
- Ellen Linder of Louisville, the daughter of Mark and Beth Linder. She is an International Affairs and Chinese Flagship major and Spanish and Legal Studies minor and is sponsored by Spirit Masters.
- Melanie Martin of Jasper, Indiana, the daughter of Neil and Michelle Martin and Derry and Matt Creutz. She is a Biology major and Chemistry minor and is sponsored by Alpha Gamma Delta and Phi Delta Theta.
- Kierra Muhammad of Lexington, the daughter of Abdul and Tonya Muhammad. She is an Exercise Science-Pre Medicine major and is sponsored by Black Men of Western and Black Women of Western.
- Hannah Neeper of Morehead, the daughter of Layne and Carol Neeper. She is an English, Chinese and Political Science major and is sponsored by Student Government Association.
- Lindsay Ratliff of Frankfort, the daughter of Sharla Six, Charles Edwards and Eric Ratliff. She is an Agricultural Business major and Political Science minor and is sponsored by Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Gamma Rho and Alpha Tau Omega.
- Carly Raymer of Brownsville, the daughter of Kevin and Stacy Raymer. She is an Accounting major and Economics and Marketing minor and is sponsored by Student Alumni Ambassadors.
- Bethany Roberts of Brandenburg, the daughter of Regina and Terry Roberts. She is a Paralegal Studies major and is sponsored by Alpha Xi Delta and Kappa Sigma.
- Hadley Rouse of Owensboro, the daughter of Mark and Susan Rouse. She is a Vocal Music major and Musical Theatre minor and is sponsored by Delta Zeta and FIJI.
- Lauren Stevens of Bowling Green, the daughter of Les and René Stevens. She is a Communication Sciences and Disorders major and is sponsored by National Student Speech Language Hearing Association.
- Hilary Sweeney of Elkton, the daughter of Neal and Mary Jane Pulley. She is a Dental Hygiene major and is sponsored by Alpha Omicron Pi and Sigma Nu.
- Mallory Vaughn of Bowling Green, the daughter of Dean and Vanessa Vaughn. She is a Biochemistry major and is sponsored by Chi Omega and Sigma Phi Epsilon.
- Jordan Webb of Shelbyville, the daughter of Brian and Julie Webb. She is a Health Sciences major and Spanish minor and is sponsored by Kappa Delta and Sigma Chi.
Contact: Mindy Johnson, (270) 745-2060