Kentucky Museum to participate in World's Greatest Studio Tour
- Tiffany Isselhardt
- Monday, October 31st, 2022
The Kentucky Museum invites you to visit during the World's Greatest Studio Tour, being held this coming weekend - November 5 and 6, 2022 - in Bowling Green and surrounding areas.
The World’s Greatest Studio Tour is Southern Kentucky’s most exciting art event. The annual tour is designed to allow the public to meet our area’s leading artists, talk one-on-one, and see exciting new art works. There are many locations throughout Bowling Green and Warren County, KY. This unique and intimate opportunity creates free unlimited access to the artists, and a glimpse into their creative processes.
Signs will be posted to help you find the studios. There will also be maps available at your first stop and in area businesses.
Visitors to the Kentucky Museum will find the following on view:
- The Jonesville mural, designed by local artist Alice Gatewood Waddell and created by Waddell and art professor Mike Nichols, along with three WKU students.
- POW! Process Oriented Works, featuring art from nationally and internationally recognized 20th century artists.
- Gazing Deeply: The Art and Science of Mammoth Cave, featuring many artworks created by WKU Art students interpreting scientific data and biodiversity in Mammoth Cave National Park.
- Murals interpreting recent archaeological finds at a Mississippian-era site found in Warren County, featured in First Farmers, created by WKU alumni Eleanor Davidson and Rachel Coyle.
- Coral Reef, a printmaking installation by WKU art professor Marilee Salvator and three of her printmaking classes.
The Kentucky Museum will be open on November 5 from 9am to 5pm and on November 6 from 1pm to 5pm as part of the World's Greatest Studio Tour.
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.