KHSAA Parking Changes FOR HOUSING STUDENTS
|Date: Monday, December 2nd, 2013||Return to Archive|
Please be aware parking will be disrupted and traffic congestion will be heavy during the KHSAA Football Championships, December 6th and 7th. Please plan extra time to reach your destinations on campus.
Housing Parking Changes (HOUSING PARKING MAP FOR DECEMBER 6TH AND 7TH)
- Creason Lot and the Russellville Road Lotwill be reserved for event parking.
- All vehicles must be moved from Creason Lot by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 5th.
- Vehicles remaining in the lot on Thursday (after 5:00PM), Friday or Saturday will be fined $100.
- There will be no on-street parking on Avenue of Champions between the South Lawn Lot and the Poland Lot.
- Vehicles must be removed by 7:30 AM, Friday, December 6th.
- Vehicles remaining after 7:30 AM may be issued a $35 fine and towed.
- Alternate parking is available in other Housing Lots, or in the Chestnut Street South Lot beginning Thursday, December 5th.
- For event safety, Avenue of Champions will be closed to through traffic at 2:00 p.m. each day. Event traffic and those parking in Parking Structure 1 will be allowed.
- As a result, there will be no access to the Poland Lot or Avenue of Champions Housing Parking during the events.
- After each football game, WKU PD will control University Blvd/College Heights Blvd intersection to divert traffic off campus. Plan to use Normal Street to access campus.
More about the event
For the fifth year in a row, WKU has the honor of hosting the 2013 Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl State Football Championships on Friday, December 6th and Saturday December 7th. This two-day event will bring thousands of people from across the Commonwealth to Bowling Green and onto our campus.
We recognize this event is very disruptive to normal activities; however, it is an important event for campus. We apologize for the disruptions and appreciate your cooperation. Please direct any questions about these changes to Parking and Transportation Services at 270-745-2361 or email@example.com.
Parking and Transportation Services
Make this year's spring break memorable by having fun and staying safe. Below is a guide to help you make safe choices during spring break.
Banishing belly fat and taking back your health, while eating the foods you love. 5 calorie-saving tips.
Congratulations to the winners!
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets