Tuesday Night Football Event Parking
|Date: Thursday, October 10th, 2013||Return to Archive|
WKU Football will play Louisiana-Lafayette on Tuesday, October 15, 2013. Kick-off is at 7:00 p.m. with tailgating festivities beginning at 4:00 PM. Tailgating areas close 30 minutes prior to start of the game. For a detailed tailgating map, please click HERE.
- The Housing section of Avenue of Champions will close at 7:00 AM. This section must be cleared by 12:00 Noon Tuesday.
- Diddle West, Diddle South, Diddle North, South Lawn and the Premium section of Avenue of Champions will close to incoming traffic at 2:00 PM and must be cleared by 3:30 PM.
- Parking Structures 1 and 2 will close to incoming traffic beginning at 2:00 PM.
- Russellville Road Lot and Service Supply Lot will close to incoming traffic at 2:00 PM. Commercial delivery traffic will be allowed in.
- McCormack Lot and Heat Plant Meters will be reserved at 12:00 PM and must be cleared by 3:30 PM.
- Jones Jaggers Lot will close at 3:30 PM.
- Nick Denes and Smith West Lots will close at 2:00 PM.
- A portion of the Gated Regents Lot will be reserved beginning at 2:00 PM as spaces become available. After 4:30 PM, remaining parking will be available on a first come, first served basis for evening classes. A WKU permit will be required.
- Public parking will be available in the Alumni Square Garage for $5/vehicle.
- Shuttle service will be provided by InShuttle approximately every 10 minutes from the garage to Diddle Arena beginning at 5:00 p.m. through the conclusion of the event.
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones Jaggers Lot beginning at 4:00 PM. Disability Shuttle Service will be provided by Topper Transit beginning at 5:00 pm and will continue through the conclusion of the event.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first come, first served basis beginning at 4:00 PM.
Road Closings and Traffic Control
In addition, roads will close prior to the game and post-game event traffic will be controlled by police officers at key intersections.
- Beginning at 4:30 PM, Avenue of Champions will be closed at College Heights Blvd. Access will be restricted to event permit holders.
- Beginning at 5:30 PM, College Heights Boulevard will be closed between Colonnade Drive and University Blvd. Access will be restricted to event permit holders.
- Following the game, while event traffic is exiting campus, traffic will not be allowed onto campus. Traffic will be controlled at the following intersections:
- University Blvd and 31W
- University Blvd and Normal Street
- University Blvd and Russellville Rd
- University Blvd and Parking Structure 2
- University Blvd and Parking Structure 1
- University Blvd and Old Morgantown Road
- Russellville Road and Morgantown Road
To see a map of the reserved parking lots and road closings, click HERE. As we implement the event parking and traffic control plan, your cooperation is appreciated. For a post-event traffic map, click HERE.
You've probably heard of "runner's high" and "yoga bliss" -- feelings of euphoria that can come after periods of exercise. And maybe you've heard people talk about how they "have" to work out -- as though if they didn't exercise, they'd suffer severe phy
If you thought smoking a joint occasionally was OK, a new study released Tuesday suggests you might want to reconsider.
(CNN) -- Juicing -- if you believe its avid fans -- is a great way to detox the body, prevent disease and lose weight.
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets