Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Veterans Affairs

VA Forms

PRIORITY DEADLINE for each semester will be listed on the VA home page. In order for your certification to be transmitted to VA by the first day of the semester, it must be submitted by the Priority Deadline.

Certification Request Form (CRF)
(to be submitted EVERY semester AFTER registration) 

Change In Status Form (CIS)
(ONLY to report classes added AFTER the Certification Request Form has been submitted) The VA Office at WKU will automatically be notified when class(es) are dropped.

Visiting Student Letter Request Form

Complete this form if you are ONLY taking classes at a visiting school and are not enrolled at courses at Western Kentucky University for the semester.  If you are enrolled in WKU courses for the requested semester, you need to complete the Veteran Certification Request Form listed above. 

(to be submitted for semesters in which if you wish to defer your tuition and fees until the last day of the semester.  Must be submitted multiple times for different semesters) Your Veteran Certification Request Form must be submitted by the first day of the semester.

Police Officers and Firefighters Tuition Waiver Application

Please complete this form if you are using the Law Enforcement Officers and Firefighter dependent tuition waiver. The WKU VA office will use this form to process and apply your benefit to your WKU account. For more information, visit the Waivers web page.

Additional Department of Veterans Affairs Forms

Applications for VA educational benefits are being replaced with the new online VONAPP system.

Application for Work Study position (22-8691)
Request for Military Records 

Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs Tuition Waiver Application

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 8/7/17