Facebook Pixel How to enter a Maintenance Request | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

How to enter a Maintenance Request

Report a Maintenance Issue by sending DFM a text!



Sign up here to be able to utilize texting!


How to send a request:

  1. Send a text to  82257 
    (Always put keyword  WKUDFM  at the beginning of your text) 

  2. List your name and location (building, room number).

  3. Describe the problem.


Other information: 

How to determine if your maintenance request is an emergency:

An emergency is any situation that threatens lives, could cause serious injuries or effects the scheduled operations of the buildings, equipment or utilities.

Examples include: smoke, gas, or burning odors, no air conditioning, backed up drains, overflowing toilets or broken windows. All other work requests are considered routine.


Who to contact?

Facilities Management office hours are from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have an emergency request, please contact your R.A. on duty first. If you are unable to contact your resident assistant during normal office hours, please call our office at (270) 745-3253.
For after hour emergencies, please do not send a text. Contact your front desk or your on site R.A. for assistance.


How to make a request?

For routine requests, submit a maintenance repair request through Maintenance Connection or send a text to us at 82257. If this is your first time sending a text use keyword: WKUDFM and (your full name) along with your room number and repair needed.  Work will be scheduled as soon as possible (availability of parts may impact completion time).  


Frequently Asked Questions:

  1.  How do I put in a work request for a repair to my room?

    Work Requests should be reported through the electronic work order system or by text. Emergencies should be reported to your RA or call University Police at 745-2548

  2. Who do I call for pest control issues?

    Can be reported by submitting a work requests to Facilities Management.

  3. Who should I call for no power in my room?

    Emergency requests should be reported to your R.A. or R.H.D.

  4. Water Issues in the building, who should I call? 

    Emergency requests should be reported to your R.A. or R.H.D.

  5. Who do I call for cable television, wired network, or wireless network issues?

    The ITS Service Desk serves as a single point of contact for technology support and is reachable in a variety of ways found at https://www.wku.edu/its/contact


Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 7/30/21