WKU Dig Procedures
Due to the shallow installation of certain utilities,
ANY excavation that exceeds 4” must be marked prior to digging.
(THIS INCLUDES ALL WKU PERSONNEL)
- Determine the physical boundaries that you need marked.
- Contact Kentucky Underground Protection, Inc. to request public utilities to be located.
- Dial 811
- Visit KY 811 website to submit a BUD Locate.
- Company representative must in person place a dig notification at Western Kentucky
University Department of Facilities Management to request University owned utilities
to be located.
- You will need to mark the area on a map provided showing the exact location of the area to be of excavation.
- Requester must also mark the dig area in white paint or flags.
- Wait at least three (3) business days before starting any excavation.
- Remember that the person performing the excavation is responsible for contacting the
- Kentucky Underground Protection, Inc. at 811
- WKU-DFM at (270) 745-3253
Any Cost to repair lines damaged due to the failure to adhere to the above policy and wait the minimum of three (3) business days will be the responsibility of the entity performing the excavation.