Facebook Pixel Work Order / Service Request | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

What is the difference between a DFM Work Order Request and a PDC Project Request?


Main Difference:  Project Requests are charged back to the requesting department and a work order is for general maintenance repairs and is the responsibility of the Facilities Management Department.


Fill out a Project Request:
These types of requests are the financial responsibility of the requesting departments. The resources provided to Facilities Management are allocated for the maintaining of buildings in their designed condition. Any additions or improvements that alter the existing space are considered projects and are not funded by the maintenance department. Purchases made for office furniture, office decor or department specific equipment etc., are also not funded by DFM. Examples of other types of request that would not be covered: unscheduled painting requests, hanging pictures, moving furniture etc. To request services beyond general maintenance, please send us a Project Request to Planning Design and Construction Department.


Submit a Work Order Request:
Used to request general maintenance repairs to your buildings or grounds.  Please do not request emergency request through the online work order requestor.  Elevators, Power outages etc should be called into our office at ext. 3253 or after hours to our WKU Police at ext. 52548.
Note:  1st time users will need to sign upClick here for Instructions.


Campus Event Requests 

This request if for requesting support for special events, athletic events or other types of campus events.
All requests require an index number.  Questions, call 270-745-5005.

Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 10/15/21