Muscle of the Month: STRETCHING CHALLENGE
- Date: Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 through Friday, May 31st, 2013
- Time: 6:00am - 10:30pm
- Location: Fitness Center
We all know that we need to stretch, but we don’t always get around to it. Make it a priority this month with the stretching challenge! Stretching before and after exercise has many benefits including enhancement of exercise performance, reduced muscle tension, increased range of motion in the joints, and increased blood circulation throughout the body. Learn how to perform three stretching exercises by participating in this month’s challenge. Although you can only participate once per day, you may participate as many days as possible throughout the month of May. The male and female who accumulate the most days of participation at the end of the month, plus two raffle winners will win Wal-Mart gift cards!
- Each participant will complete three different stretching exercises:
- Posterior Stretching Machine (Hamstrings)
- Chest Stretch on an Exercise Ball
- Foam Roll the IT-Band
- Notify a FC Attendant before participating.
- If you are new to these stretches, ask a FC Attendant to demonstrate before participating.
- Perform each stretch for the designated amount of time before moving to the next stretch.
- FC Attendant will record your participation on the MOM Board and enter your name into the MOM Raffle.
- Participate as many times throughout May to increase your score.
- Patrons can participate once per day.
- Patrons must participate twice in order to receive WellU Credit.