Campus Recreation & Wellness Calendar
- Date: Saturday, December 1st, 20122012-12-01 through Thursday, January 31st, 20132012-12-01
- Time: 6:00am - 10:30pm
- Location: Fitness CenterFitness Center
The plank is an isometric exercise (which means there is no movement phase during the exercise) that engages the muscles of the core. Specifically, it activates the abdominals, the obliques, the lower back and spine, the buttocks, and the shoulders. This exercise is great for developing core stability and core endurance, which is important because the core affects every facet of every motion. It is also important for preventing lower back pain and lower back injury later in life. Try the plank out and see how it helps you!
Proper Plank Form:
- Abdominal muscles are tight
- Shoulders are aligned directly over the shoulders
- Neck and spine are neutral
- Shoulders are down and back
- Hands, forearms, and toes are the only things touching the floor
The goal of the Plank Challenge is to hold plank position for as long as possible.
The male and female who have the longest time will win $15 Mellow Mushroom gift cards. Also, two $10 Mellow Mushroom gift cards will be awarded as raffle prizes.
Make sure a Fitness Center Attendant supervises your attempt and records your time on the MOM board and places your name in the raffle.
Although you can have multiple attempts in one day, you must compete on two different days to receive WellU® credit.