Campus Recreation & Wellness Calendar
BIG RED REP OFF 2012
- Date: Monday, February 20th, 2012
- Time: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Location: Fitness Center
The Big Red Rep Off is an upper body muscular endurance competition that will be held in the Fitness Center. Each participant will have 10 minutes to complete as many correct reps as possible. The winner will be the participant with the most reps based upon his or her weight lifted relative to their body weight. For example, women= lift ½ of body weight; males= body weight.
Sign up for the Big Red Rep Off starts on February 13, 2012. Walk-ins are welcome, but subject to availability. To make an appointment, or for more information, stop by the Health and Fitness Lab (room 20A in the Preston Center).
All participants must sign a consent form/waiver!
Each participant will have 10 minutes to complete as many reps possible.
- Participants must use a closed grip (thumb around bar)
- The lifter must lie on his/her back with head, shoulders, and butt in full contact on the bench. This position must be maintained throughout the attempt.
- Feet must remain flat on the floor at all times.
- Participants must show control of the weight at all times while lowering the bar to touch the chest and back to full elbow extension (no bouncing!!)
- A Health and Fitness Lab staff member will judge each lift. If any of the above criteria are not met, the lift will be invalid.