Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
CAEP Call For Third Party Comments
The College of Education and Behavioral Sciences at Western Kentucky University (WKU) is hosting an accreditation visit by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) on March 24-27, 2018. Interested parties are invited to submit third-party comments to the site team. Please note that comments must address substantive matters related to the quality of professional education programs offered, and should specify the party's relationship to the provider (i.e., graduate, present or former faculty member, employer of graduates).
Such comments must be within the specified period and based on the core tenets of CAEP accreditation standards of excellence, which recognize that:
- In CAEP's performance-based system, accreditation is based on evidence that demonstrates that teacher candidates know the subject matter and can teach it effectively so that students learn. In the CAEP system, EPPs must prove that candidates can connect theory to practice and be effective in an actual P-12 classroom.
- A professional education provider that is accredited by CAEP is expected to be involved in ongoing planning and evaluation; engaged in continuous assessment and development; ensure that faculty and programs reflect new knowledge, practice, and technologies; and be involved in continuous development in response to the evolving world of education and educational reform.
- Comments must address substantive matters related to the quality of professional education programs offered, and should specify the respondent's relationship, if any, to the institution (i.e., graduate, present or former faculty member, employer of graduates). Copies of all correspondence received will be sent to the university for comment prior to the review. No anonymous testimony will be considered.
WKU invites you to submit written testimony by March1, 2018 to:CAEP
1140 19th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Assurance System (QAS)
WKU Annual Program Report (APR) Template
- CAEP Standards for Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Standard 1 - Content and Pedagogical Knowledge
- Standard 2 - Clinical Partnerships and Practice
- Standard 3 - Candidate Quality, Recruitment, and Selectivity
- Standard 4 - Program Impact
- Standard 5 - Provider Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
- CAEP Advanced Program Standards
Syllabus Template and Sample Syllabus
|Key Performance Assessment Areas||Measures||Supporting Documents|
|Assessment #1: Content Assessment||Praxis Content Exam Results|
|Assessment(s) #2: Other Assessment of Content Knowledge||Major GPA|
|Assessment(s) #3: Assessment of Professional Capabilities||Praxis PLT Exam Results|
|Assessment(s) #4: Clinical Experiences Measure of Teaching Proficiency||WKU Student Teacher/Clinical Practice Evaluation|
|Assessment(s) #5: Measure of Candidate Assessment Proficiencies||Mid-program assessment related performance (based on related TWS components)|
|Assessment(s) #6: Candidate ability to diagnose and prescribe for personalized Student Learning||Mid-program student learning related performance (based on related TWS components)|
|Assessment(s) #7: Application of Content Knowledge and Pedagogical Skills (Instructional Practice)||WKU TWS|
|Assessment(s) #8: Assessment of Literacy Outcomes||Literacy Assessment|
|Assessment(s) #9: Dispositions||Dispositions|
EPSB Program Review Documents
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,