Department of Psychology
Inspiring Students, Transforming Lives.
Welcome to the Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology is a student-focused and innovative unit that serves the university community.
- Do you wonder why people behave the way they do?
- Do you have an interest in helping people?
- Do you want to develop skills that employers and graduate schools value?
We offer versatile, applied programs that help prepare you for fields such as Clinical Psychology, School Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Sport Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, and other behavioral and mental health fields.
Then one of Psychology's programs may be for you. For undergraduates, we offer:
- a BA in Psychology as well as
- a flexible minor in Psychology and
- a minor in Clinical and Community Behavioral Health.
We also offer field experience opportunities to our undergraduate students.
The flexibility of the Psychology major makes it possible for our students to easily capitalize on the many study abroad programs that are available to WKU students.
We welcome you to meet with our faculty advisers if you are interested in learning more about our programs.
Click here to request more information.
We have three graduate programs:
- a Masters concentration in Clinical Psychology,
- an Ed.S. in School Psychology, and
- a Psy.D. in Applied Psychology.
Our faculty are active researchers and graduate students frequently collaborate on research projects. Our graduate students gain valuable clinical experiences as part of their programs. Our graduates acquire credentials to become licensed or certified in their fields. We welcome you to meet with our graduate program coordinators.
For more information, please contact: