- Date: Saturday, March 7th, 20202020-03-07 through Monday, March 9th, 20202020-03-07
- Time: All Day
- Location: Grand Canyon National Park & Zion National ParkGrand Canyon National Park & Zion National Park
Grand Canyon Multi-day Adventure
Cost: $400 Student | $450 Guest
Depart Time: Saturday, March 7th, 6:00 am
Return Time: Sunday, March 15th, 10:00 pm
Drive Time: ~50 hrs round trip!
Pre-Trip Meeting: Tuesday, March 3rd @ 8:00 pm
Included: Transportation via van, camping permits, park entrance fees, camping gear as needed, and a-rockin' time!
Located in northern Arizona, Grand Canyon National Park encompasses the Colorado River, an extraordinary canyon system, and a wide array of wildlife and culture. One of the most spectacular views in the world, the Grand Canyon is unmatched in the incomparable vistas it offers from the rims. Only, two hours north, in southern Utah, is Zion National Park. Like the Grand Canyon, Zion offers one-of-a-kind scenery: mountains, canyons, buttes, mesas, monoliths, rivers, slot canyons, and natural arches. Five hours east, in Southern Colorado is Mesa Verde National Park. Mesa Verde offers a first-hand encounter of Native American Pueblos. We’ll stop at different points of interest throughout our super long drives, and we’ll expect an average of 50-60°F in the southwest. The multi-day southwest adventure consists of camping in front-country campsites and taking day-hikes to all the best sites to see in the Southwest United States. This trip is great for any experience levels, especially if the Grand Canyon is on your bucket list!
- Depart WKU EARLY (Time TBA)
- Drive to a campsite in Oklahoma
- WAKEY WAKEY
- Drive to El Morro National Monument
- Drive to campsite
- RISE AND SHINE
- Drive to Grand Canyon
- Explore Grand Canyon
- GOOD MORNING
- Day hike to a point of interest in Grand Canyon
- BUENOS DIAS!
- Drive to Zion National Park
- Stop at a point of interest along the way!
- Camp and sing the campfire song song
- GUTEN TAG!
- Day hike to a cool point of interest in Zion!
- Start the drive back home!
- Stop in Mesa Verde National Park
- Continue the longest drive back to Kentucky
- Camp/Crash at a hotel
- GOOD MORNING STARSHINE! THE EARTH SAYS HELLO!
- Arrive at WKU!
*All trip itineraries are subject to change due to staffing, permits, weather and location
Sign up & attend this trip to receive a special discount to College Outside
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
Follow the instructions below
1. Go to https://online.spectrumng.net/wku (it will open a new window!)
2. Click "Do not have login" (you will need to make an account!)
3. Enter your 800# (or 500# if a Preston Only Member) for the Member Number (even if you do not have a current membership!)
4. Choose a username and password for your online account with us.
5. Once you have an account set up, click the Home Icon in the top left (the picture, not the actual home letters)
6. Click on Program Registration in the middle of the page!
7. Select ‘ORAC’
8. Select the trip or skill clinic you want!
9. Add to Cart
10. Continue to Cart
11. This should take you to the Payment Summary Screen. Enter your payment info and hit Submit Payment.
12. BAMM You're registered for a trip