Ogden College Student Technology Information
Will your current device work?
- Check our recommended device specifications
- Things to avoid: Chromebooks and iPads
- Choosing Apple will necessitate some work-arounds for best compatibility with our systems. Apple devices will not work at all with some specific programs/packages used in some degree programs and departments.
Get a higher functioning PC/laptop
- WKU partners with Dell to offer 5-10% discounts
- Short-term loaner laptops are available through TopperTech
Check out information for new students at WKU Info Tech Services
- Includes things for before your T.O.P. session and after
Get Microsoft Office 365 at Office.com
- Required and FREE to download/install
Get familiar with common Office applications
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook via online tutorials
Get familiar with WKU Systems
- TopperMail - email
- Blackboard - course management system
- TopNet - registration & student records/information
- DegreeWorks- degree audit/progression check
What if I don't have my own device?
There are abundant computer labs at WKU. However, many students prefer to use personal devices for convenience.
Additionally, you may need a device for in-class work in some courses, which will require use of a short-term “loaner” device, as necessary if you do not have your own.
These recommendations are to ensure students have the most efficient and compatible device to meet their needs as new college students.