Ogden College Commencement
Fall Recognition Ceremonies will take place Friday, December 8th, 2023 in Diddle Arena. The ceremony for Ogden College of Science and Engineering will be combined with the Gordon Ford College of Business and is scheduled for 10:30 am. Each student will walk up for individual recognition, greet President Caboni, and have their photo taken. All graduates and families are encouraged and welcome to attend. It is recommended that guests be seated 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Check back for detailed information regarding directions and parking. A campus map can be found here.
WKU PBS will live broadcast commencement and recognition ceremonies. These ceremonies will also be live-streamed via the WKU Facebook Page and the WKU YouTube Channel. Afterward, these broadcasts will be archived on the YouTube Channel for later viewing.
JOIN US FOR GRAD FAIR!
Grad Fair marks the start of the graduation celebration. At Grad Fair, you can start your graduation planning and even check out graduation-related services.
All graduates should attend the Grad Fair. It will be held at the Eva & Jim Martens Alumni Center on October 25 and 26 from 10am-6pm. Students will be able to:
• Pick up their cap and gown
• Pick up a graduation schedule of events for their college
• Take their graduation photo (business attire or wearing cap and gown)
• Order their personalized graduation announcements and class ring from Jostens
Any graduates who are unable to attend Grad Fair will be able to pick up their regalia at the WKU Store.
GOOD TO KNOW...
- Before completing a degree, students need to apply for graduation through TopNet. For more information on applying for graduation, click here.
Undergraduate students who maintain outstanding academic achievement are recognized by wearing red and white honor cords.
- Cum Laude - This honor is given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.40-3.59 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned at WKU
- Magna Cum Laude - This honor is given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.60-3.79 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned at WKU
- Summa Cum Laude - This honor is given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.80-4.00 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned at WKU
- Diplomas will be mailed to the student's address in their Application for Graduation approximately 3-6 weeks following the Recognition Ceremony. For more information about diplomas, click here.
- If your family or friends require overnight accommodations, it is recommended that those be made as soon as possible, as Bowling Green will be very busy during that time. For more information about area hotels, click here.