- Date: Friday, April 1st, 20222022-04-01
- Time: 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- Location: Zoom Meeting ID: 96405434290Zoom Meeting ID: 96405434290
As part of the periodic Q&A series of the SIAM (Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics) Student Chapter of WKU, we are happy to host one of the nationally-recognized experts in Quantitative Surveys, Joe Callender, EY Quantitative Economics and Statistics Group (EY QUEST), Ernst & Young LLP. This will be a super interesting talk for students planning a career in survey design, programming, analytics and data visualization.
The event will start at 3:30PM on Friday, April 1st.
Meeting ID: 96405434290
Title: Math – What are you gonna do with that?
Abstract: This presentation will focus on my journey from undergraduate math major to a career in quantitative surveys. It will
- explain the choices I made that led me here
- include some examples of work we do that relies on my background in mathematics
- share some economic related applications my colleagues have developed
- impart some thoughts on what students should be doing to prepare themselves for a career in a quantitative field