LIVING IN BOWLING GREEN
WKU is located in the heart of Bowling Green, Kentucky, a thriving university town and the third largest city in Kentucky. From the Hill, you can walk to great restaurants and shopping locations or you can use the Topper Transit system to go shopping and visit other local sites. Housing in Bowling Green has a variety of prices, locations, and features. Whether you want to live in WKU housing or off-campus, make sure to arrange your housing early. Students should look for housing as soon as possible after they are admitted.
ON-CAMPUS HOUSING GUIDE:
WKU HAS A REQUIRED ON-CAMPUS HOUSING POLICY.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- On-campus housing is a convenient option for students, and includes social programs and academic support.
- All Students (unless otherwise exempted or who have chosen a different on-campus living accommodation) are required to live on campus. For more information please visit the Housing & Residence Life website.
- WKU Living Learning Communities enrich the on-campus living experience by stimulating academic success, social transitions, and overall student involvement within our residential communities. A special community has been created for international students and those with like interest. To learn more about the Global Living option, CLICK HERE.
- Off-campus housing includes several options near campus, and can be an economical option.
If you arrive at a time when you cannot move into your housing (for example, if you arrive on campus before move-in day) you will need to stay at a hotel. There are over 30 hotels in Bowling Green. To find a hotel, you may visit http://www.visitbgky.com/stay/
Additionally, the newly opened Hyatt Place is the official hotel of WKU and is within walking distance of campus. To receive a discounted rate follow the instructions below:
- If booking by phone or at the hotel: use the corporate code WKUS
- If booking online directly at the Hyatt website: click on Special Rates when booking and use Corporate Rate #20850. The discounted rate will automatically generate.