iStart is Western Kentucky University’s web portal for immigration services, requests and benefits for our international student and scholars. iStart is a comprehensive international data management tool with many benefits. All new and returning WKU international students and scholars will use iStart. Once you have been officially accepted to WKU, use iStart to confirm attendance and request many other services and benefits of your visa category.
How to set up your iStart account:
- Retrieve your WKU NetID and create your NetID password BEFORE attempting to use iStart.
- Login to iStart using your NetID and password.
If you've never logged in before, check out the video below to learn how to access iStart for the first time:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
iStart is Western Kentucky University’s paperless web portal to immigration services, requests and benefits for our international students and scholars.
- Future, current, and previous international students and scholars
- International Admissions Office
- WKU academic and administrative departments who help ISSS confirm and approve some international student requests
- Streamline services and requests using e-forms
- Transition International Admissions to a paperless office
- Increase efficiency and save time
Use e-forms (electronic forms) to request:
- Employment Authorization (CPT, OPT, STEM OPT), Academic Training (J-1)
- Program Extension of I-20 or DS-2019
- Reduced Course Load
- Change of Major/Program
- Dependent Documents
- Travel Signature
- Invitation Letters
- Driver’s License/State ID Form
- Foreign Language Waiver
- Other Services and Requests
Online at istart.wku.edu
- Use the same login information (NetId and password) as TopNet
- Find the istart link on our website
- Use Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome
Submit the Travel Signature Request e-form and bring your I-20 or DS-2019 by the office for signature. ISSS will email you when your request is approved and your I-20 or DS-2019 is available for pick-up. You must allow 2-3 business days for processing of the request.
If you have lost your I-20 or DS-2019, you will need to also submit a Replace Lost Document e-form on iStart.
Your request will be reviewed by ISSS the following business day. If a second approver in your academic department is needed, ISSS will forward the request electronically to the advisor you indicate on the e-form. You will receive an email confirmation when your request is submitted and completed. Most requests will be completed in 2-3 business days.
BE SURE TO DISCUSS YOUR PLANS WITH YOUR ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT/ADVISOR BEFORE SUBMITTING A REQUEST THAT REQUIRES THEIR APPROVAL.
- When you go to istart.wku.edu, select “Limited Services” within the Limited Services for Students and Scholars box.
- Enter your WKU ID number or 800#
- Enter your date of birth
- Enter your Limited Access Pin. If you do not have it you can request an email with your Pin by clicking “E-mail me my Limited Access PIN”