CPD Course & Training Catalog
Western Kentucky University offers several types of (non-degree credit) learning opportunities
for individuals seeking professional or personal development. This list is organized by training format. You may also view a list of popular courses organized by topic of training.
Live Training, Workshops, and Events
- Workshops, Events, and More This is our constantly changing list of upcoming offerings, check often for new additions.
- ProTrain These live online courses offer the ease of remote access with the experience of a live instructor. Upgrade your skills and prepare for an industry credential in human resources, project management, customer service, bookkeeping, and healthcare.
- ETC Test Prep Prepare for the ACT, GRE, LSAT, GMAT, and PRAXIS. A small increase in your score can make a big difference! Courses are live online with experienced instructors.
- ETC Summer Bridge Program in Math Help your student (grades 1-8) maintain their math knowledge and skills through the summer. Live-remote interface is specially adapted to be engaging for younger users.
- Society for Lifelong Learning SLL is a member driven organization dedicated to offering a wide range of high quality, intellectually stimulating, non-credit educational programs and experiences for those 50 and better.
- Staff Leadership Institute WKU staff are encouraged to apply for the next cohort. This proven professional development series meets in person nine days.
- Open Enrollment - Microsoft Excel and Special Topics Join your colleagues for in-person courses including our Excel series and special topics like pivot tables, mail merge, and PowerPoint presentations. Courses available at the Knicely Conference Center and at other locations, such as WKU Glasgow. Click through to check the current schedule.
- Promineo Tech Bootcamps Bootcamps provide an accelerated track to a career in technology. Students will focus
on mastering practical skills that hiring managers look for when filling entry level
roles. Courses allow you to study on a flexible schedule, meet live/remote with an
instructor once per week, and (optional) meet with a mentor once per week for additional
support. NO previous tech experience required.
- Front End or Back End Software Developer Learn and practice the skills to build websites that look good and perform well.
- Big Data Engineering Gain the skills to design, build, and maintain complex data processing systems that work with large data sets.
- Digital Marketing Learn marketing theory, develop critical thinking skills, and gain practical experience with advertising, branding, technology, and more.
On Demand - Begin Any Time
- Personal and Professional Development Courses
These on-demand, self-paced online courses that are informative, convenient, and interactive. With topics such as computer applications, personal finance, web design, nutrition, and starting your own business–you are sure to find something of interest!
- Career Training Programs
Start a new career, take your career to the next level, or prepare for industry certification. These comprehensive courses are available on-demand and self-paced to help you achieve your goals.
- Kaplan Financial Education
WKU CPD has partnered with Kaplan Professional, a premier provider of licensing exam preparation and financial designation programs, including CFP® Exam Prep Review, Securities licensing, Insurance licensing, and Insurance CE.
- MindEdge Learning
Maintain your credential with continuing education credit, enrich your current skillset, or add new expertise with these on-demand, self-paced courses that are pre-approved by SHRM, HRCI, IACET, and more: Cybersecurity, HR Management, Leadership, and Nonprofit Management.
- A Parent's Continued Growth
This class series designed by the Family Resource Program at the Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex is designed to enhance parenting skills and knowledge.
- Gleim - Exam Prep, CPE, CE
Access to industry-recognized courses for accountants, auditors, and enrolled agents- at a discount for the WKU community.
Custom and Customizable
- Custom Webinars
We can customize any course or program to meet the specific needs, objectives and interests of your organization.
Supervisor Certificate Program
This program is designed to build general supervisory skills, as well as the basics of leadership.
HACCP Certification Program
The Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) system is consistent with USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service regulations. This workshop is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
Excel Certificate Program
From basics to advanced, and everything in between, you will be able to showcase your skills in Excel after successfully completing this certificate program.
Effective Communication Styles
Our experts share proven tactics and examples of organizational, individual, and negotiation communications that can help create a collaborative work environment.
Our experts share tips, tricks, and ways to leverage common office technology to enhance operations and increase efficiency.
Customer Service & Sales
Customer Service and Sales can make or break a company. WKU experts can help you refine and enhance your customer service and sales operations.
Management & Supervisory Training
We can help you understand complex and difficult supervisory topics, like performance appraisals, strategic planning, motivating employees, and effective time management to help you get the most from your team.
Let WKU’s quality experts share proven problem-solving techniques that foster an environment of continuous improvement.
Safety & Risk Management
Beyond OSHA, there are many risk management topics that impact operations. Drug & alcohol issues, workplace violence, aggression, harassment and stress can all have negative effects.