As Hilltoppers, we have a lot of pride and spirit. Here's just a few reasons why you should be on The Hill.
- About 20,000 students are enrolled at WKU.
- Student to Faculty Ratio of 18:1.
- The average class size is 24.
- WKU has students from nearly every Kentucky county and U.S. State, and from 67 countries around the world.
- 4th University in the country to be designated a "Safe Community" by the National Safety Council.
- During the 2017-2018 school year, Hilltoppers studied abroad in almost 40 different countries.
- Ranked as one of the most beautiful campuses in the South
- Bowling Green has been named a top college town and one of the nicest places in the US.
- More than 300 student activities and organizations.
- Over 25 campus restaurants.
- $150 million housing renovation project is currently underway.
- The Mahurin Honors College was the first independent Honors College at a public Kentucky university.
- Top Producer of Fulbright Scholars in 2018.
- The Mahurin Honors College has a 98% acceptance rate into graduate and professional programs.
- WKU’s School of Journalism & Broadcasting has won its fourth overall national championship in the Hearst Journalism Awards Program in 2018.
- The Gordon Ford College of Business is AACSB Accredited in both business and accounting, which makes the GFCB among the top 1% of all business schools in the world. Out of more than 15,000 colleges of business worldwide, the GFCB is one of 187 schools with accreditation in both business and accounting.