- Date: Saturday, September 14th, 20192019-09-14 through Sunday, September 15th, 20192019-09-14
- Time: 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Location: Wartburg, TNWartburg, TN
Cost: $45 Student | $55 Guest
Depart: Saturday, September 14 @ 8:00 am
Return: Sunday, September 15 @ 7:00 pm
Drive time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, September 10 @8:00 pm
Included: Crashpads, helmets, camping & transportation
Climbers from all over the world can be found hanging around the Obed Wild and Scenic River's wide expanses of rock walls. Even if you’ve never climbed before, you will be able to find plenty of routes that are fun and easy to help you feel more comfortable. We will take every skill level there is, from total beginner to those who’ve been climbing for years!
Some fun climbs to try to include Now or Later and Sick boy. These are both good for a challenge to spend a lot of time on, work and rework! If weather permits: Tippy Toes, Eco Terror, Honker, and K.B. Arete are all very versatile and good climbs! Some beginner routes to build up confidence and comfort include Tiny Dancer, Cow Killer, and Vegan.
Tentative Trip Itinerary
- Wake up
- Drive to Obed
- Boulder some rocks!
- Eat lunch
- Climb some more rocks!
- Set up camp and make some dinner
- Wake up and repeat!
- Wake up and drive home
Sign up & attend this trip to receive a special discount to College Outside
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
Follow the instructions below
1. Go to https://online.spectrumng.net/wku (it will open a new window!)
2. Click "Do not have login" (you will need to make an account!)
3. Enter your 800# (or 500# if a Preston Only Member) for the Member Number (even if you do not have a current membership!)
4. Choose a username and password for your online account with us.
5. Once you have an account set up, click the Home Icon in the top left (the picture, not the actual home letters)
6. Click on Program Registration in the middle of the page!
7. Select ‘ORAC’
8. Select the trip or skill clinic you want!
9. Add to Cart
10. Continue to Cart
11. This should take you to the Payment Summary Screen. Enter your payment info and hit Submit Payment.
12. BAMM You're registered for a trip