Kentucky Museum - Group Tours
Adult Groups (not K-12, not WKU classes)
- The Museum cannot accommodate walk-in groups. All groups must complete reservation requests. Group reservations must be made online and are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Adult groups reserve docent assisted tours Wednesday-Saturday 9:00AM-12:00PM or 1:30-3:30PM. Due to staffing Summer 2022, this is the only time the Museum can accommodate groups. Exception: We are receiving requests for special guided tours from the curators of the new Style &thegistofit exhibit by various civic groups. If your civic group is requesting this specific guided curator tour, please complete form below with date and time requested.
- The Museum cannot accommodate groups larger than 50 visitors. Due to staffing and the security of our collections, the Museum cannot accommodate groups larger than 50.
Group will begin in Western Room off lobby. After brief introduction, docents will break group (50 max) into two smaller groups (25 max). One docent will escort group to 3rd floor to begin, while second docent escorts group to begin on 1st floor. Docents will lead group/s through a designated pathway of the Museum, provide brief introductions to exhibits, and are available to answer questions. Typical length of group visit is 1 to 1.5 hours.
Most groups average 1 to 1.5 hours.
Fill out and submit the reservation request form below to book your tour! You will receive an email reply within 48 business hours.
Go over the Museum rules with your group before your visit:
- Do not touch anything unless given permission to touch.
- Do not cross any exhibit barriers.
- Do not talk while Museum docent is talking.
- Treat docents and all Museum staff with respect.
- No food and drink are allowed in the exhibits.
- Flash photography is prohibited in some exhibits.
Individuals or groups will receive one warning. Further rule violation and your group or individual will be escorted to the front desk, and not allowed in exhibits. Staff must ensure the safety of the exhibits and artifacts.
By typing your name in the first box, you accept responsibility for briefing group about the museum rules.
Main entrance off of Kentucky Street.
Historic Front of Kentucky Building.