Field Trips at the Museum
The Museum is not open for K-12 tours during Spring Semester 2021 but educators should
check-out our Educator Resources on our Virtual Connection page HERE.
Plan your K-12 Group Tour
Museum Docent guided tours for grades K - 12 offer an opportunity to make the museum your classroom. The museum also offers free resource kits to use in the classroom. To request a trunk or learn more, click link.
Things to Know
1. The Museum cannot accommodate walk-in groups. All groups must complete reservation requests. Group reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance and are filled on a first come, first served basis.
2. Group tours are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9AM-11AM.
3. The Museum cannot accommodate groups larger than 50 visitors. Due to staffing and the security of our collections, the Museum cannot accommodate
groups larger than 50.
4. K-12 tours are self-guided. Teachers and chaperons are responsible for leading their groups through exhibits. Museum docents are available to answer questions. Visit our Current Exhibits and Upcoming Exhibits pages for more information. View and print recommended Flow Chart.
Steps to Take
1. Complete a Group Reservation Request Form.
2.. You will receive an email reply within 24 business hours.
3. Please have your students view this short Museum Rules Video.
4. Please print out information sheets for Bus Drivers, Chaperons and Teachers. These sheets have helpful information about parking, photo policy and more.
- The chaperon along with the teacher must remain with the class at all times and is responsible for the discipline and conduct of the group. The minimum 1 to 10 adult ratio is mandatory for admittance into the museum.
- Please instruct students prior to visit about proper museum behavior:
Do not touch unless given permission to touch
Do not cross any exhibit barriers
Do not talk while Museum docent is talking
No food or drink allowed in exhibits
Flash photography is prohibited in some exhibits
- An individual or group will receive one warning. Further rule violation and group or individual will be escorted to front desk, and admission will be refunded. Staff must ensure the safety of the exhibits and artifacts.