Field Trips at the Museum
Things to Know
1. The Museum cannot accommodate walk-in groups. All groups must complete reservation requests. Group reservations must be made online at least two weeks in advance and are filled on a first come, first served basis.
2. Groups may book docent assisted tours Wednesday-Friday 9:00AM-11:30PM or 1:30-3:30PM. Due to staffing Fall 2022, this is the only time the Museum can accommodate K-12 group tours.
3. The Museum cannot accommodate groups larger than 50 visitors. Due to staffing and the security of our collections, the Museum cannot accommodate groups larger than 50.
4. K-12 tours are docent assisted. Teachers and parents are responsible for students' behavior as docents lead groups through exhibits. For example, a group of 50 will be split into two smaller groups of 25, and each group led by a docent through the Museum. The teacher and parents with each group of 25 will ensure that students are following Museum rules. Docents will lead groups through the Museum following this Flow Chart. Typical tour lasts 60-70 minutes.
Steps to Complete
1. Complete a Group Reservation Request Form.
2. You will receive an email reply within 48 business hours.
3. Prior to your confirmed scheduled visit, have students view this short Museum Rules Video.
- The chaperon along with the teacher must remain with the class at all times and is responsible for the discipline and conduct of the group. The minimum 1 to 10 adult ratio is mandatory for admittance into the museum.
- Please instruct students prior to visit about proper museum behavior:
Do not touch unless given permission to touch
Do not cross any exhibit barriers
Do not talk while Museum docent is talking
Treat docents and all Museum staff with respect
No food or drink allowed in exhibits
Flash photography is prohibited in some exhibits
- An individual or group will receive one warning. Further rule violation and group or individual will be escorted to front desk, and admission will be refunded. Staff must ensure the safety of the exhibits and artifacts.
Educator Resources on our Virtual Connection page.
Traveling Trunks available to check out for classroom use.