Warren County maps dating 1877 to 1950 helped to identify locations of schoolhouses through the years and place these school locations on a current road map. As buildings deteriorated and funds became available to build modern schools, the new replaced the old. Not every map studied showed the same location for a particular school. This could be due to new constructions or even error on the mapmaker’s part. The fact that most of the buildings are now gone, also makes it difficult to verify with a 100% accuracy each school site. The earliest schools shown on this website were identified on an 1877 D.G. Beers map and are designated with a green dot.