Supported OS’s and Software
TopperTech provides operating system assistance for WKU student personally-owned devices. Our office supports multiple operating systems regardless of vendor or machine type. Every effort is made to respond to all requests for help, but the level of support may be limited for some computers and peripherals, depending on their age, operating system, driver availability or other factors.
- Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit versions)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 RT
- Windows 8.1 Professional
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 10 (32 and 64-bit versions)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Professional
- Windows 10 Enterprise
Mac OS Support
- High Sierra (macOS 10.13)
- Mojave (macOS 10.14)
- Catalina (macOS 10.15)
- Big Sur (macOS 11)
Miscellaneous Operating Systems
- Chrome OS support is available. Image restorations can be limited based upon model and operating system version.
- Linux and Ubuntu - TopperTech does not provide support options for devices running Linux and Ubuntu distributions.
Both TopperTech and student clientele have specific responsibilities concerning operating systems and software. In the event of an Operating System Refresh (OSR) on a personally-owned device, TopperTech is responsible for the following:
- Re-installation of the operating system
- Corresponding drivers of specific hardware
- Anti-virus software
Student clientele are responsible for the following:
- Operating system authenticity
- Legal procurement of licenses for specialized software titles
- Authentic product keys for any operating system virtual machine (Parallels and VMWare)
- Installation of Office 365.
Data Transfer and Storage
In an Operating System Refresh (OSR) is preformed on a client's personally-owned device, TopperTech will back-up the personal data specified by the client. Data will be transferred to a redundant data repository and stored for 30 days. The data will be restored to the personally-owned device once the OSR is completed. If the client discovers missing data within 30 days of an OSR, a request to restore the data can occur by contacting the ITS Service Desk.