Help with DUO: Multi-Factor Authentication
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Where Do I Sign-up for Duo?
If you do not currently have a Duo account, please follow these instructions to enroll. If you have questions or need assistance, submit an online request or contact the ITS Service Desk. There is no cost to install the application.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
MFA is a login authentication method requiring multiple proofs of identity. Most IT services currently require your username and password. MFA adds another proof, such as a code sent via text, to an app, or to a phone. WKU is already using Duo for very sensitive systems like the VPN.
Why Do We Need MFA?
Many organizations now utilize MFA as an extra security measure to protect sensitive or private data. MFA reduces the threat of compromised user accounts (ex., hacking) because it takes more than a username and password to access an account. Examples you may have already seen include your bank, PayPal, and social media sites.
- Read about self-service options
- You will have an option to save the device you are logging into for 30 days. For 30 days you will not have to use Duo with that device.
- Duo does not need an internet connection to work from your mobile phone. You can use the Duo app in airplane mode.
- Only active Faculty and Staff need to enroll at this time.
- Duo is not an email application, or an application that needs to be installed on your computer.
Associate a New Device
I have a new phone number or device that I want to add to my Duo account.Learn More
Using Text (SMS) to Login with Duo
How do I login to Duo with a passcode texted (SMS) to me?Learn More
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.