Equipment Checkout at the TRC
Faculty, staff and students can choose from a wide range of equipment available at no charge for short term rental from the TRC. Please reserve equipment in advance through our online reservation system.
Types of Available Equipment
- Audio Recorders/Players
- Hard Drives and Burners
- Laptop Computers
- Projectors and Projector Screens
- Still Cameras
- VCR, DVD, CD Players
- Video Cameras
- And many other accessories
- I am personally responsible for compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- I am checking out equipment for my use not for others. I understand that checking out equipment for others to use is not allowed.
- I am personally responsible for the safe and timely return of all equipment checked out from the Technology Resource Center.
- You are personally responsible for notifying TRC Staff members of any damage that occurred during your possession of the equipment.
- I am personally responsible for insuring that all of the items checked out are returned clean and in good working / operating condition.
- I am personally responsible for insuring that all of the items are returned on or before the "return date" noted on this Agreement.
- I am personally responsible for contacting the TRC if I will be late in returning equipment past the due date.
- If I fail to return any items or equipment on the date it is required to be returned, AND/OR if any of the items or equipment checked out is lost, stolen or damaged in any way, I agree and understand that I will be responsible for the value of any unreturned, lost or stolen equipment, and/or repairing or replacing any damaged equipment.
- Payment of any of the costs / expenses outlined in item 4 will be due and payable within ten (10) days from the date I am notified by the TRC of same. I agree that notification can be delivered to me via my WKU E-mail address.
- Failure to pay the amount due within this time frame will result in an administrative hold being placed on my academic account and/or ability to register for classes at WKU.
- Reservations for equipment will be automatically deleted at end of day if I fail to check out the equipment on the pick-up date.
- The TRC is closed for business any time the University is closed. It is my responsibility to make sure my reservation pick-up date and/or return date is not scheduled when the University is closed (barring weather and emergency related closures).
- Back to back reservations are not allowed for the same category of equipment.
Late Equipment Return Policies
- Three (3) late returns of any duration will result in the suspension of your equipment privileges for a single semester.
- Late returns over three (3) days will result in a loss of equipment privileges for one (1) semester.
- Late returns that interfere with another Faculty, Staff or Student’s reservation will result in a loss of privileges for one (1) month.
- Late returns over five (5) days will result in a loss of equipment privileges indefinitely.
- A late return that occurs after a ban status has expired (single semester ban) results in an indefinite ban.
- Equipment not returned after seven (7) days will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and holds will be placed on your WKU account disabling your ability to register for classes and receive financial aid. In order to have your privileges considered for reinstatement you will be required to email the manager of the TRC with your reason for appeal. Please contact the TRC for further information.
- Equipment not returned after thirty (30) days will be replaced and the cost of the replacement will be billed to the responsible faculty, staff or student as listed on this reservation.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,