ORAC Bike Shop
Every Wednesday 10:00 – 2:00 pm
Swing by the ORAC front office for an on-the-spot basic tune up that includes*:
- Adjust shifting
- Adjust brakes
- Lubricating chain
- Tighten fasterners
- Bike flat repair and replacement
Does this time not work for you? Feel free to drop your bike off at ORAC during Gear Shop Hours and our bike mechanic will be sure to get a look at your bike within 24 hours.
Appointment Based Bike Maintenance
Anytime during ORAC Gear Shop Hours
M|T|TR|F 12:00 - 6:00 pm
Drop off your bike for any major repairs*! These include:
- Bearing adjustments
- Bearing repack
- Wheel true
- Full cable/housing replacement (with gear and brake adjust met)
- Chain replacement
- Bike build
*Given our part inventory is fully stocked. If we don't have the item your bike needs, we can usually order it and have it installed within 1-2 weeks.
|Parts Price:||Labor Price:|
|Complete Tune up||*does not include parts||$35.00|
|Complete Overhaul||*does not include parts||$95.00|
|Bearing Repacked||$20.00 per surface area|
|Brake Adjustment||starting @ $5.00 each|
|Gear Adjustment||starting @ $5.00 each|
|Tube Replacement||$5.00 - $10.00 per tube||$5.00 per tube/tire|
|Tire Replacement||$12.00 - $30.00 per tire||$5.00 each tire|
|Clean and Oil||$20.00|
|Wrap Bars||$5.00 - $30.00||$10.00|
|Wheel True||$10.00 each tire|
|New cable||$7.00 each front or rear||$5.00|
|New housing||$6.00 each front or rear||$5.00|
|Bike build - Youth||*you bring the bike we build it||$45.00|
|Bike build -|
**Additional Labor charges may be assessed on a case by case basis at the shop staff’s discretion
Our complete tune up covers the following:
- adjust hub, bottom bracket, and headset
- Position, lubricate, and secure brake levers
- Secure and center brake calipers
- Wheel truing
- Adjust and lubricate brake caliper pivots. Check brake pad wear and alignment.
- Check shift lever mounting, lubricate and adjust. Inspect shift cables
- Lubricate Front/Rear derailleur and adjust limit screws
- Lubricate chain. Secure or reposition seat, stem, and handlebars
- Secure crankarms, chainring, bolts and pedals. Secure all accessory mountings.
- Lubricate freewheel
- Check and align rear derailleur hanger and dropouts. (additional fee may be required if realignment is highly complex)
The cost of a complete tune up is $35.00. This does not include any parts you may need!
Our complete overhaul covers the following:
- Includes all services of a complete tune up (see above)
- Overhaul of front and rear hub
- Repair Bottom Bracket
- Repair Headset
- Clean and oil drivetrain
The cost of a complete overhaul is $95.00. This doe not include any parts you may need!
The bike shop is located in the rear of the Preston Center. All repairs should be brought in through the front
of the building to the ORAC front desk for check in.
Typically e-bike motors will require specialized tools. We recommend visiting your local bike shop for jobs involving electric
motors and computers.
If you would like to work on your own bike but don't have the tools, no problem. We stock ParkTool brand tools and accessories to get you back in the saddle. We also offer a DIY bike stand, located by the Preston Center bike racks.